Low-fat Chicken Lasagna2016-01-12
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
- 1 tbsp.coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked, diced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (24 oz.) containers fat-free cottage cheese
- 12 lasagne noodles
- 8 basil leaves, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (24 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tbsp. coarse garlic salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a 9 x13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Into a pan, heat oil over medium high flame and sauté onions and bell peppers until translucent. Stir in chicken pieces and cook for several seconds until heated through.
Spread half a cup of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Into the container of cottage cheese, combine fresh herbs, garlic cayenne and salt, mix to blend.
Layer 4 uncooked lasagne noodles over the sauce in the dish, then 1/3 each of the following: cottage cheese mixture, chicken mixture, remaining sauce, mozzarella and parmesan. Repeat layering pattern 2 more times or until finished.
Bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until top is bubbly and golden brown.