Slow Cooker Cream of Asparagus2015-12-13
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 5m
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed vegetable broth
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 potato, peeled, diced
- 4 tablespoons bouillon powder
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
In the slow cooker add the margarine and melt it. Fry your onions with celery for about 5 minutes.
Add the remaining vegetables and pour in the broth.
Stir well and add the half and half, bouillon powder, soy sauce, white pepper and white pepper.
Add the seasoning and cover with lid. Cook for 4 hours over low flame.